Who are we?
The Rajyoga Education & Research Foundation teaches Rajyoga as a way of experiencing peace of mind and a positive approach to life.
The Trust provides opportunities for people from all religious and cultural backgrounds to explore their own spirituality and learn skills of reflection and meditation derived from Raja Yoga, which will help develop inner calm, clear thinking and personal well-being.
The Rajyoga Education and Research Foundation is registered with the Registrar of Societies with Registration No. S/12801.
The scope of the Privacy Notice concerns all data subjects whose personal data is processed, in line with the requirements of the RERF.
The RERF as Data Controller is responsible for ensuring that this Privacy Notice is made available to data subjects prior to the RERF collecting and processing their personal data.
The RERF appreciates that your data privacy and any personal data you share is important to you. We respect and value individuals and their data privacy and we also have special protections in place for children and vulnerable adults.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
The personal data we collect and process is as follows: personal data and special category data.
The personal data we collect and process may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to organize events (including online events) such as: seminars / workshops / courses / retreats / talks
- to keep data subjects up to date with information about events (this can be via newsletters / E-flyers)
- to comply with legal obligations of the Data Controller such as: health and safety regulations / financial regulations / immigration laws / child protection laws / requirements regarding wills and charitable legacies / for insurance purposes
- to enable travel coordination
- Data Management requirements such as backups, storage, security safeguards and transfer of personal data
- to personalize our products and services
- for marketing purposes
- to manage the welfare and activities of Volunteers
- to promote the activities of international Brahma Kumaris organizations and affiliate organizations
- to promote events organized in collaboration with other organizations both in the India and internationally
Our legal basis for processing personal data is at least one of the following:
- processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations of the Data Controller
- data subject gives consent for one or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
The special categories of personal data are:
- health (to accommodate for guests / participants with special needs, diet requirements or other health information processed in the vital interest of the data subject)
- lifestyle practices to enable visits to the spiritual headquarters in India
Sharing of Personal data
We may share your data within the Organization and we may contract third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. Third parties include the following: DBS Services, HMRC, Training providers, Travel agencies, Insurance companies, professional bodies, Home Office, Embassies and web hosting, platform and services providers.
Where legally required, we may need to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required by any legally binding request that is made of us.
Sharing data internationally
As the RERF is part of a worldwide network in more than 100 countries, where necessary, personal data may be shared with independent international Brahma Kumaris establishments using Memorandums of Understanding.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to request the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to object to automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that the RERF refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the RERF or third parties, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Supervisory Authority and the RERF.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Shantivan, Abu Road,